Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Happenings Around the Shop

So it's been a while.  Life has been exceptionally busy with school starting up, a robot and unicorn themed party to plan and execute (turned out great, and look to various parts of the site for pictures of homemade robot heads a little later), and some searing hot temperatures at work that I am pretty sure were being piped in directly from the center of Cthugha.  Things are starting to settle and I am hoping to get more into a more productive rhythm with more posts and updates.  Even with being roasted alive ideas are being formulated and things are still being accomplished, although in a rather haphazard fashion.  Here are some current items and things coming into the shop very soon.

GrandCon-  If you have not bought tickets yet I would suggest doing so if you live anywhere near Grand Rapids Michigan.  From what I know this is going to be a big deal with a plethora of comics, board games, card games, tabletop rpgs, vendors, and (of course) celebrity guests.  The two guys putting this together have done there homework and put a lot of heart and soul into the convention.  We Hate Bards will be there in force running games round the clock.  I myself will be running my Cold Numbers Call of Cthulhu, a Homebrew system called No One Gets Out of Here Alive, and much more that has yet to be set.

New Campaign- Started a new fantasy Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 campaign on Friday nights.  I am the DM so the players can expect plenty of oozes, constructs, undead, insanities, and trips to other dimensions that will make their brains turn to pudding.  It will be a barrel of fun.  In fact one of the characters just ate a part of his "fathers" hand and gained psionic powers, I'm sure there won't be any consequences for that.

King in Yellow- My good friend gave me a copy of The King in Yellow for my birthday.  Quite an old copy too.  I'm a fan of musty tombs and I want to read it soon, though my reading docket is so full right now it may have to be postponed till the fall.

Vampire the Masquerade- Started playing a Vampire campaign on Sunday nights.  So far we are just past the preludes (the backstory of how every character became a vampire) and are in to our first session.  We have a seasoned Vampire Storyteller and I am really getting into the system.  Once I play a bit more I'll come back with a more in depth review.

State of Decay- Trying to find some time to play the Xbox downloadable game State of Decay.  There are some games where you think, "huh, I can't believe they made a game just for me."  Item management, an open world, survival horror gameplay, and scavenging for supplies, what more could a person want from a game.

The Conjuring- I must see this movie.  Good horror is such a scarce commodity.    

Punktown- The Punktown rpg should be ramping up for distribution sometime in August or a little later.  There are taking there time putting the map together and making sure the quality is there.  I can't wait to get my hands on it.  When I acquire it I'll give a full review and probably start a long term campaign in the setting.    

I have way more percolating under the surface, like always, but nothing concrete enough to put on the shelves as of yet.  Soon though...very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment